miércoles, 24 de enero de 2018

"I have a dream that..."

This week, Jason's 5th and 6th grade classes wrote sentences starting with I have a dream...

Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famous "I have a dream" speech in 1963, calling for the unity of the American people and an end to discrimination in the country. "I have a dream" is now an iconic phrase that signals a vision of hope for the future. Check out the students' thoughts below:

I have a dream that when we go to school no one bullies you because of your skin color or anything similar and understands that you are a child like him or her, that you have feelings, that we are all the same...people.
I have a dream that people that are in war and have no house and no food can stay in our country until the war finishes. I can help achieve my dream by...when I am older, helping people enter our country and more countries and find a house to live.
I have a dream that there will not be bullying. / I have a dream that bullying ends. I can help achieve my dream by speaking out against bullying.
I have a dream that racism ends. I think that I can help achieve my dream by respecting all people.